- The floorcoverings market continued to be positive in 2016 with overall growth of 13% since 2011.
- Returning consumer confidence and spending levels, an improving housing market as well as good growth for some contract sectors have been key drivers for growth since 2014.
- Carpet continues to take largest value share at over 50% in 2016.
- The demand for LVT in both contract and domestic sectors has helped vinyl to outperform the total floorcoverings market in recent years with overall growth of 16% from 2011 to 2016.
- Current forecasts indicate more modest annual value growth rates of 2-3% to 2020.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's report 'Floorcoverings Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis', available from www.amaresearch.co.uk or by calling 01242 235724.