- Growth of domestic conservatories and glazed extensions has remained relatively steady since 2014 with overall value growth of around 7% to 2016.
- RMI is taking increasing share of the market and is now estimated at around 10% value share in 2016 but set to grow to around 14-16% by 2020.
- Product development such as solid roofs and more energy efficient glazing systems have contributed to RMI trend with many householders now opting to refurbish rather than replace existing structures.
- PVCu looks set to dominate as main material choice into the medium term but with timber continuing to retain significant share.
- Volume growth is forecast to be less buoyant, with only moderate annual increases forecast to 2020. However, higher specification and product improvements are set to underpin value growth over the period 2016-2020.
These facts have been extracted from AMA Research's report 'Domestic Conservatory & Glazed Extensions Market Report - UK 2016-2020 Analysis', available from www.amaresearch.co.uk or by calling 01242 235724.